Type of laser eye surgery commonly known as LASIK is a short form for Laser in-situ keratomileusis. It is a type of laser surgery which is performed to correct refractive errors in eye. This surgery procedure is becoming popular among people, day by day. The type of refractive errors that people suffer from and face problem of incorrect vision is corrected by using this laser based technique. This treatment is done to correct vision in people who are nearsighted, farsighted, or have astigmatism. There are several types of laser eye surgery, also known as refractive correction surgery. And all these laser vision correction surgeries work by reshaping the cornea. Cornea is the clear front part of the eye. And the reshaping of cornea is necessary so that light traveling through it is properly focused onto the retina located in the back of the eye. The laser based surgery for eye becoming popular because of its several benefits and advantages. Let’s understand them one by one, in brief:
• The most important advantage is its main aim which is to correct eye-vision or refractive error. This surgery actually works by correcting vision. And highest percentage of patients has achieved the desire result, their desired vision after LASIK.
• Another important benefit if that the procedure is associated with very little pain as numbing eye-drops are used.
• And, if we talk about result than the vision is corrected nearly immediately or by the day after the procedure.
• The procedure is associated with no use of bandages or no stitches are required.
• Another important advantage is that the adjustments can be made years after LASIK in order to further correct vision if vision changes while patient ages.
• This procedure also helps in eliminating use of eyeglass or contact lens. Many patients have got such a result where they no longer need eyeglass or contact lens at all.
The laser eye surgery is performed by expert-eye-surgeons in Sydney. Before they suggest or start any such laser eye treatment, they conduct a session with patients to consult about patient’s health conditions and medical background. This is done to make sure the procedure is suitable and a patient is a good candidate to go under the surgery. Consultation session help experts to evaluate important points related to patient’s health and medical conditions so that complications and risks can be minimized or rather eliminated completely.